Long-term Storage Solutions for Office Furniture: How to Keep Your Assets Safe and Secure
If your office is undergoing renovations, downsizing, or simply needs to store excess furniture, long-term storage can be a great solution. However, it’s important to choose the right storage facility to ensure your furniture stays safe and secure. Here are some tips for selecting the best long-term storage solution for your office furniture:
- Look for Climate-Controlled Storage: Moisture, temperature changes, and pests can damage furniture over time. Therefore, look for a storage facility that offers climate-controlled units to protect your furniture from humidity, temperature fluctuations, and pests.
- Consider Security Features: You’ll want to make sure your furniture is safe and secure in storage. Look for facilities that offer 24/7 video surveillance, onsite security personnel, and secure access controls, such as electronic gates or keycard entry systems.
- Choose the Right Storage Unit Size: It’s important to choose the right size storage unit for your needs. Too small, and you may not have enough room to store all of your furniture; too large, and you’ll be paying for space you don’t need. Consider creating an inventory of the furniture you plan to store, and choosing a storage unit based on those items.
- Think About Accessibility: Make sure the storage facility you choose is easily accessible, with convenient hours of operation. Consider whether you’ll need to access your furniture frequently, and whether the facility offers loading docks, ramps, or elevators to make moving furniture in and out easier.
- Evaluate Customer Service: Finally, look for a storage provider that offers excellent customer service. Consider reviews and ratings from previous customers, as well as the responsiveness and helpfulness of the staff when you inquire about storage solutions.
By following these tips, you can choose the best long-term storage solution for your office furniture and equipment, and ensure they stay safe and secure until you need them again.