Good ergonomics is an essential to productive and healthy workforce. You can use blow tips to run a quick check through your working environment and habits to see how you can improve your office work efficiency.
- Place your computer screen at your arm’s length and at eye level.
- Lighten up your documents with a lamp that placed opposite the hand you write with.
- Center your body on your working area such as keyborad, screen and documents.
- Always keep your wrists and back straight while using a keyboard you can place the keyboard holder sloping down towards you for better posture
- Place the mouse as closes to keyboard for fewer movements for your arm.
- Keep your arms and elbows close to the body and keep them relaxed.
- Take a 2-3 minute break every hour from computer work and walk or stretch your body to avoid tension in muscles
- Use ergonomic chair for reducing the stress on your spine. Also use a headrest.
- Place your feet flat on the floor to improve blood circulation in your legs or you can use footrest also.
- Install the CPU under the table and free yourself from the heat it generates.
- Notice discomfort and pain at work; take quick action to relieve it.
- Use a quality computer screen which must be clear and have a comfortable size for your eyes.
- Don’t hold phone between your ear and your shoulder it is very bad habit and not good for your posture.
- Minimize stare on your screen by not facing it directly or a source of intense light.
- You can rest your eyes periodically for several seconds by looking at different objects at a distance to give your eyes a break.
- One size of desk does not fit for all. Try using a standing desk to adjust.
- For good posture and the neutral body position, enterprises should purchase high-quality adjustable desk, ergonomic charis and equipments.
- Proper lighting, good temperature, and conveniences are ergonomic essentials.
By following these simple tips, you can easily improve your work productivity at the office. If you are not sure which ergonomic furniture suites your company, Mefurn’s ergonomic furniture consultants are always ready to guide you. Just give us a call at 604-200-7961.